- Open Educational Resources – Working with Substance Use – FREE online resource for health and social care practitioners. workingwithsubstanceuse.wordpress.com Funded by Health Education North West.
- Substance Use and Sight Loss: a guide for substance use and sight loss professionals. – FREE online resource. http://alcoholresearchuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/PFP-substance-use-and-sight-loss-final-091015.pdf
- Alcohol and other Drug Use: The Roles and Capabilities of Social Workers. National briefing document. Funded by Public Health England. Published by Manchester Metropolitan University. Available online at: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/media/mmuacuk/content/documents/hpsc/research/Alcohol-and-other-drug-use-report.pdf
- Welsh Translations of five Pocket Guides for Social Workers on Alcohol and other Drugs (details below). Funded by Isle of Anglesey County Council
- Pocket Guide Series for Social Workers on Alcohol and other Drugs. Funded by Comic Relief/BASW
- ‘Pocket Guide for Social Workers on Young People and Alcohol.
- ‘Pocket Guide for Social Workers on Mental Health and Substance Use.
- ‘Pocket Guide for Social Workers on Older People and Alcohol.
- ‘Pocket Guide for Social Workers on Children, Families and Substance use’
- ‘Pocket Guide for Social Workers on Alcohol and Other Drugs’ (2nd edition).
Available online from https://www.basw.co.uk/pocket-guides/ or hard copies from BASW.
Curriculum Guidance: Substance Use. The College of Social Work. Available online from: http://www.swapbox.ac.uk/1269/1/Curriculum_Guide_Substance_17July2012_proofed.pdf